Tuesday 1 May 2007

Tuesday's Thought

I have this really wonderful story to tell you today. This is just an amazing story....oops, wait, I have told this once before, no wait, maybe three or four times ;):):)...(Insert Homer Simpson laughter here). It is one thing to stir the pot but way more fun when you stir someone elses, taste the spoon and stir again :):):):)

Well after reading and blogging a bit about Romans 7 and then 8...I discovered chapter 9... This was not a fun chapter to read...in fact I read parts of it twice, because I was getting pretty p'od with verses 14-21 (
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=romans%209:14-24;&version=31;)

This is definitely going to take some extra looking into. I guess the part that irritates me the most is when it talks about Pharaoh in vrs 17 & 18 .... 17..."For the Scripture says to Pharaoh: "I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth. 18Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden."

As I read this I am thinking that he didn't have (pardon the pun) a snowballs chance in hell. The only conclusion I could think of is for Pharaoh and people like him, that only God knows that they are at that point where they have hardened their hearts themselves to the point where they will never turn to God. That's pretty sketchy, but I have not checked it out enough. I wonder how this one slid by me in Bible College. I await your expertise on this one and I hope it makes you think too. Can you imagine if you were Pharaoh and doomed right off the bat?

On to yesterday's trivia answer - guess it should have been deemed impossible so I will make them easier from now on, besides I was just stirring the pot one more time, just for Sheryl. :)~ If you read the comments after yesterdays blog you would have all seen the answer and of course said, "I knew that." On September 20th 2005 my hours at work went from 6:30-3:00 to 7:30-4:00 and I am still not bitter....hmmmm

Today's trivia - What do the following have in common - Buffaloes, Cellular Phones, Nomads. Answer tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, buffalos and cellphones are together in MTS(Manitoba's) cell phone commercials.. and nomads and cell phones are in MTS cellphone commercials... again anonymous.

as for Romans 9, I AGREE with you. I have pondered that MANY times, wondering.. what if I AM THE HARD HEARTED person, but just too stupid to realize it?? (The much younger version of me thot that way). I am sure Pharoah never thot of himself as hard-hearted. And when i look around myself at people in my incredibly secular job environment, I know they think they are doing great... after all, who does God really think he is, they'll show Him... paraphrase of words I have heard from some fellow-crew members.

by the way, I guess my anonymous comments "peaked the curiosity" of Deb, eh?

Sheryl said...

Mike,
Can i play again? I don't see any other answers -- so i'm gonna answer -- they all roam. Am I right??? Bill did help me on this one -- I read it and he answered....
S

Mike said...

Yep Bill is right :)

Thanks for posting SA ;) Hopefully I can somewhat answer this question in tomorrow's blog to both our satisfaction. If not, then I wasted a lot of years at Bible college.

Mike