Friday 4 May 2007

Friday's Function

I have come to think that my blogging here and your responses are like being in a small group. With not going to church at this time (NO Deb - but thanks ;)~ ) it is a good way to get some feedback on other people's thoughts on stuff I think about or am going through. Hmmm, maybe this is the church of the future...the computer has become to us like television in the 50's and 60's. One more thing to perhaps pull us away from Christ. When you think of the tribes in Africa or the poor in India who don't have the technology that we do it is maybe "easier" to follow Christ because there is less to take us away from Him. I can only speak for myself...hmmm now where is that remote!!! Easy to joke about stuff like this but for me it is sooooo true. I find it very hard to "Be Still", especially when it comes for time with God.

Was wondering again about purpose in life. I believe that God gave each of us a purpose in this life...aside from raising our children or tending to married life or single life or our jobs/careers. Still makes me think of Pharaoh's purpose Grrrrrrrr. If we have kids, does our life revolve around them (it shouldn't) IMO (in my opinion), nor around our spouse or jobs. We chose to gt married or to be single or to have kids or the jobs we have...it does not mean it is God's choice necessarily of all the choices we made. There is something much greater than the things I have listed there. Something for each of us, which may be and is most likely different than the other persons. When I think of life just kind of passing me by day by day, I really feel I am missing the BIG picture. I don't believe that God put us on earth for some 70 years to just eat, sleep, and work. He does not call us all to be Billy Graham, but He does call us to seek him, wait on him, and be still. Something I need to get back to. Will let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hhhmmmm... so you don't do church either? if i understand correctly? i don't do crowds, hate them, avoid them, only get dragged into them kicking and screaming. I prefer watching church on the internet.

no riddle today??
Su-Ann