Tuesday 8 May 2007

Tuesday's Theory

Heaven or Hell? I mean really is there one?
I have been walking on the proverbial fence as far as my Christian life goes...and I need to make a decision soon to either jump into the frying pan or the fire.. (for these purposes heaven is the frying pan). I am in the luke warm stage which is probably the worst place to be. I mean when you think about it why live for both sides...take your pick. Why live it up on the sinful side and then come to church on Sunday and ask for forgiveness. God does not work that way. Instead the choice is walk on the sinful side and do what you want or walk on God's side and do what you should and what God wants. Does that mean giving up everything? ( I'll get back to that in a minute) I think most are familiar with the verse "Everything is permissible, not everything is beneficial". (1 Cor.6:12) Of course when I read that I am thinking that is so cool....that means I can do whatever I want...it is okay. Party time...see ya on Sunday. I'll let you wrestle with that issue for now...and come back to it when I know the answer. Sorry for stirring your pot and stealing the spoon too.

So back to the earlier question, "Does that mean giving up everything?" I don't think it means giving up everything,(it might) but I think there will be times when God says to each of us, Hey Mike, I think it is time you dealt with (and he will be specific about something he wants me to give up), hope I did not make you to curious about what he wants me to give up ;) Hope it is not stirring the pot that he wants me to give up ;)...that would be a hard one for me to give up, but if I were following Him and he said give it up, I would. I think at the same time there will be things (like Paul) that we will live with the rest of our lives, knowing that God's grace is sufficient for us (2 Cor. 12:9).Hmmm everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial...I am waiting for your great answers here.

Oh yeah, re: heaven and hell and is there a hell, to me there has to be a hell, cause if there is not why live a Christian life if we are all getting there anyway???!!!??? Hmmm

Mel - you got the right answer on yesterday's riddle. P.S. Nice advertising job with regards to selling homes in the comment area. No charge either :)~

Today's riddle - Trains travel from Foodletown to Myerville all day, always on the same track, always going nonstop and at the same speed. The noon train took 80 minutes to complete the trip, but the 4 PM train took an hour and 20 minutes. Why?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

because an hour 20 min. is equal to 80 min?????

amanda

Anonymous said...

yah beat me to it amanda.

Anonymous said...

:)

Mike

Anonymous said...

sorry i've been absent mike, been busy, too much on my mind (ask deb). i did stop by to see everyone the other day, but you weren't there.
sr
ps.. amanda, when are you starting a blog??

Anonymous said...

Okay, here is a plan. Maybe we could all get together at Mmmmmmilky way for ice cream some evening. I am sure we would have a great discussion. I heard you came by yesterday, but I do not normally work Monday. I do remember meeting you when you worked at the quiz meet that Living hope hosted a few years ago.

Mike

Sheryl said...

Mike,
Hmmmm -- heaven or hell -- how do we really know..... I guess we have to have faith right???? But here is something to think about but you'll have to go to my blog to read it -- rather wordy I think it may end up.....

Sheryl

Su-Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike said...

So Sheryl, do you believe in both heaven and hell? Hmmm Just curious here for those who don't believe in a hell, why would you follow God? Hmmm Hmmm Hmmm

Okay, for those who are available, how about Saturday night 7:00pm at Mily way. Who's in? Sign up :)