Thursday 24 May 2007

Thursday's Tutoring

I have been reading this book lately called "Revolution in World Missions", by K.P. Yohannan who started up Gospel for Asia
"He challenges all who read the book to not only examine but change their lifestyle in view of the millions who have never heard the Gospel." It has started to make me rethink about all the things I have. How blessed in North America Christians are, but at the same time when it comes to giving I fall way short. It is challenging me to give more, especially to missions which to me is the great commission. On the back page of the book it talks about letting go of self-centeredness and being more eternally minded, also telling you how to make a difference is the lost world.

For me, missions has always been something that has stirred my pot, I mean heart. The book may not be for everyone, because again everyone has a "different calling."
Main thing here is that we are following God, listening to God and doing what He calls us to.

Did you know that we can speed up Christ's return? Hmmmm. Matt. 24:14 says, "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come."

5 comments:

Su-Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike said...

Yeah I would think you are on the mission field, not only with the people you minister to but the ones you work with. I find working in a "Reached People Group" like I have been the last 15 years you are living in your own little world. So, what is holding you back from going to an MK school or mercy ship or ... :)

Anonymous said...

what exactly is a "Reached People Group" if you don't mind me asking???

Aren't we all on a mission field? Even though we don't always look at it that way!

Amanda

Mike said...

By RPG I mean in a Christian setting like Living hope or at CBC where I worked before coming here.
Yep some people look at the mision field as wherever you are, others believe it is where the Gospel is not known.

Su-Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.