Wednesday 16 May 2007

Wednesday's Where-for-art-thou

Was wondering this morning what happened to the passion I first had when I became a Christian over 20 years ago. I remember reading the Bible on the way to work and on the way home when I lived in Winnipeg. I enjoyed reading it, yet now it is one of the hardest things to do, next to spending time with God. That is where I am at. Like Mighty Casey there is no joy in Mudville (or Mikeville), Saskatchewan...hmmm wonder if there is a Mudville Sk. On a similar note I use to really love watching and playing sports. I would watch Hockey every Saturday night when my team played. I don't think I have seen a whole game this year. I use to love to golf but have lost a lot of that desire. Maybe priorities change. I can see that for sports, but for God there should be a deeper desire to know him, shouldn't there be? There are things that stir up some passion within me, but it is not very often. I know when I have either seen or watched something in regards to missions I often feel and wonder if that is where we should have been or should maybe go or the very least support in some way. I think the obvious answer is spending time with God and finding out what he wants. These answers don't come about overnight. Like Melissa (in her blog yesterday), I am not very patient either. I want to know and I want to know now. (By the way Mel do I get a referral fee for mentioning you in my blog, because now people are going to go and read yours)?

So, how about you, yeah you!!! Do you still have your passion for God that you had when you first met Him? Has it dwindled?

P.S. Hey Deb (little joke for you) - What did little red riding hood say to Grandma Deb when she got there?
(see answer after today's riddle)

Today's riddle - (medium) - Pronounced as one letter, and written with three, two letters there are, and two only in me, I'm double, I 'm single, I'm black, blue and grey, I'm read from both ends, and the same either way. What am I?

Answer to joke - My what a BIG spoon you have :)~ (all the better for stirring, right Deb?)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

the letter "w"??

Mike said...

WOW great answer anonymous su-ann ( I think it is Su-ann)... Wrong ... but nevertheless still a great answer :)~

Stir stir again :)

Su-Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike said...

Those answers are also very good, but I am looking for the correct answers :):):):)

Su-Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Su-Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

i do have passion for Christ as strong as the first day i discovered that he existed. but i don't think there are any easy answers as to why. for me, it is b/c my entire existance up till that point had been spent in eager pursuit to find out what life was all about. so for me i can sing with the hymnist, the longer i know him the sweeter he grows ... yet it is all such a mystery and the longer i know him the more mysterious it all seems. i think your questions are good mike. i think that as you honestly pursue passion it will sneak upon you when you least expect it. i am praying for that for you.

is the answer to the riddle 'eye'?
deb

Mike said...

Good answer on the riddle Deb, and a right answer to boot. Way to go. Good try Su-ann but "truth" is Deb wins this time:):):) Deb you win an even bigger spoon ;)

Good insight from both of you on this matter. I think it is great that you have made those disciplines in your life that are very important in that healthy Christian life.

Anonymous said...

you know i have to confess i am not that disciplined. i am like a binger. i binge on God's word like crazy and then i mull it over for any period of time and then go back. there are sometimes quite a period of time that i mull. good for you suanne i wish i were that disciplined too.

i also thought another good answer to the riddle could be 'mum' if you enunciate the mmm sound like an 'm'.
deb