Wednesday 2 May 2007

Wednesday's Worriment

Well I have come to the conclusion (re: Pharaoh's hardened heart) that he hardened it first - See Ex. 8:15, 8:32 and 9:34. Then in Ex. 11:10 God hardened his heart and his officials. I have to conclude this, otherwise to me it would be like finding out unequivocally that Christ did not rise from the dead. If either of these (God hardening Pharaoh's heart before he hardened it himself or if Christ never rose from the dead) then I would be a pretty sad case to believe as a Christian. The latter (Christ's resurrection) is the foundation for the Christian belief. See 1Cor. 15:17.

On the other (Pharaoh), if God hardened it before Pharaoh hardened it how could I possibly believe in a God such as this. Where would free will come in if that were the case. If God is a loving God then he would not abandon us, except where we come to that point of no return (I believe there is a point of no return). Does someone remember where that scripture passage is? I am not sure where it is.
5 points if you find it.

On a somewhat lighter note....as you know from earlier blogs this is one of my "pet" peeves. Click on this link
http://www.cnn.com/2007/TRAVEL/04/20/hawaii.hotels.pampered.ap/index.html
and read on...pet lovers will enjoy it...the rest of us ...well for me my blood is boiling...but I need to worry about me...not about the others. I will explain more another time.


Today's trivia...oops answer to yesterday's trivia...Bill was right Sheryl ...10 points for him. The answer was roam (buffaloes, cell phones and nomads). Okay today's trivia...Who is my favorite (j/k I don't have faves)...

Here is the riddle....

Doctor says to lawyer We were born on the same year, month, day, and minute. We were born in the same hospital, hospital room and we have the same 2 parents. We are not twins and we have no brothers
. Explain this. 20 points awaits :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Answer to the riddle... doctor and lawyer are one and the same person.

answer to the no return.. try Hebrews 10, around verse 26... not sure if you are looking for the verse about grieving the Holy Spirit, or the verse about turning a brother from death.. James 5: 19,20. I don't have my Bible handy (happens when you live a nomadic life like me). no longert anon... sr

Mike said...

Nope, (trivia) not the right answer :( Try again.
The Hebrews 10:26 sounds close, I was also looking in Hebrews 6:4-6 last night. Still not sure if any of these are the exact verse I was thinking of, but after not reading the Bible for awhile you start making your own version in your head. No wonder I can never go back and find the exact verse.
Thanks

Mike

Su-Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike said...

Nice having you with us. I guess when you think of it we not only paraphrase the Bible when we are trying to think of a specific verse, but we do it in general conversation to the point of misquoting what others really said. No wonder the world is where it is..."Bull is what makes the world go 'round", Hmmm ...Did ya catch that Hmmm Deb????

Anonymous said...

Got it. Yes I did. I tend to agree with your deductions regarding Pharaohs heart. It is quite perplexing isn't it.

Your riddle has us stumped. Could it be that one was inseminated to a surogate and both were born via a scheduled ceasarian .... hmmmmm I look forward to the answer on this one.
deb