Wednesday 9 May 2007

Wednesday's Winner

Choices to make all the time. What to do, What to do? If you are like me (and you are probably saying, not even close ;) that's a good thing), when it comes to going to a buffet, believe it or not I am fairly picky when I am choosing my food. NO REALLY!!! Who knew??
So I will usually take some potatoes, meat, corn (that's a veggie) and if I feel daring I may try some pasta (spaghetti). That is usually what is on my plate. I will save a little room for dessert, depending on what there is...even for dessert I can be fairly picky...usually end up with jello and ice cream Mmmmmm or try one of the little square thingys. You know the ones I mean. Hmmm

Strange blog for me today talking about food, but now to get to the "meat" of the blog. I often feel that when it comes to God and Christianity I treat it like a buffet also. I will pick and choose the things I like salvation, grace, mercy, love etc, and skip over the other stuff like taking up the cross, following Christ, demands for holiness, sacrificing of oneself, etc,. I guess I do this all the time in my "christian walk", picking and choosing and saying "That looks pretty good...must be the gravy or dessert. On the other hand, that looks way to green for me...must be veggies or even worse...liver"!!! Good thing someone else likes liver and veggies, at least that is getting taken care of by someone else. ( that reminds me of another blog to come someday - service and the Christian life). All of these issues I need to work out. I know the answer to the healthy diet involves eating fruit and veggies. I also know that the answer to a healthy christian walk involves taking everything that God wants, not just the things that look good. I don't have a healthy diet in either area right now...still picking and choosing....Hmmm decisions decisions.


Speaking of decisions here is a riddle ...you can choose to try and solve it or not!!!
I am only useful When I am full, Yet I am always Full of holes.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

a sprinkler. full of holes... useful.

I am TOTALLY in for Saturday night, 7pm, Milky Way. WHO ELSE??
You can pick and choose your menu, and then you can decide if you want a waffle cone.
And I got to tell you, liver... PALLLEASEE!!! UGH!!! Don't tell me it is good for me... do you KNOW what a liver does in the body?? How about brussle sprouts... absolutely horrid. So if there are people out there who eat these, i am glad for you, but i am also requesting you dont' try to convert me.
As for picking and choosign in the Christian walk, I don't know if that is my problem as much as i feel like one place says one thing and another place says another, and I get confused and overwhelmed knowing how to do it all.

Anonymous said...

My head is full of holes too. Hmmm Useful though, another Hmmmm
Nope sorry, try again :)~

Mike

Anonymous said...

a strainer????

great insight. i can be the same way with Christianity, picking and choosing - especially the part about loving everyone. there have been people in my life that i have not even tried to love because they have hurt me or rubbed me the wrong way.

i'll be watching for "service and the Christian life."

how's it going with the healthy eating???

amanda

Anonymous said...

Another great answer (strainer), wrong but great nonetheless:) Healthy eating is going okay. So far everyday in May has had some fruit in it. Still doing the balancing act though. Okay so far there is only a couple of takers for Milky way. Anyone else?

Anonymous said...

a golf course.
a tennis racquet

Mike said...

Nope to both. I guess I can keep this riddle on till ya answer it :)
Good guesses though ;)

Anonymous said...

and are we on for Saturday...
DEB,
AMANDA,
SHERYL
MIKE,
MELISSA
SHIRLEY (I know you read this)

I am in.. I'll be home!!
Let me know!
sr