Wednesday 6 June 2007

Wednesday's Worth

Well I finally finished reading Ecclesiastes. Most of it I found... okay this is depressing, everything is meaningless, life, riches, wisdom, you name it. Man, it sounds like I could have written this about two months ago as i began searching. At that point I was thinking, what is life all about if this is it. (In fact, believe it or not, that is the very first blog I started to write, but never finished it or published it on the page). One of the first times I heard Billy Graham speak, probably 25 years ago at a crusade (TV), he said "what's life all about if this is it, you live a short time, then you die, then it's all over? There is a meaning to life and a purpose." Amazing I still remember word for word what he said then, but did I pay attention for these past 25 years (must be the Eeyore in me - stubborn old mule). Oh yeah, foolishness too says Ecclesiastes is also meaningless. As you read in chapter 12, at the end of the book the conclusion is given....great place to put one, maybe I should have started there. Live and learn right...hmmmmmm, hmmmm and one more hmmmm. So, the conclusion you ask, I heard you ask :)~, it says in Ecclesiastes 12:13-14

Shouldn't that make us think, at least for a minute.

After you leave this page, most of you, like me, will forget what I blogged about today, but if you remember anything, remember those two verses. Should that not scare the sugar twin out of us (sorry for the low calorie cussing), to watch how we live? Well, back to the grind, have a nice one.

9 comments:

A2 said...

That last verse especially is kinda scary - the being judged part. A reminder about all those planks in our eyes that we need to look after instead of trying to point out the planks in others.

Mike said...

Yeah, it is kinda scary. Feel free to let me know about the planks in my eyes, in case I miss them for the splinters.

A2 said...

That goes both ways! I guess that answers the accountability question:):)

Mike said...

:) I guess it does.

Wow It sure is quiet today. Sometimes that is a good thing too.

Looking for anyone in particular at the church today :)

Anonymous said...

Here I am. Nice to be missed!! I was up and out the door at 7:30a.m., and just got home!! UGH!! It was a great day, though. Had some good visiting time with friends.

All is meaningless. I guess when we look at eternity, all IS lost and meaningless as far as what we've done and accumulated on earth. There are u-hauls attached to hearses. But remember, i think we need to balance Ecclesiastes out with the rest of the bible. Jesus came to give us life, abundant life. SO how do you factor that into ALL IS MEANINGLESS. Poor author, writing before abundant life!!!

Anonymous said...

taking some liberty there, mike, naming a car that isn't yours!! unless, of course, you mean the car that is only shown in the corner, the blue one... in which case, name away!!

Mike said...

I am happy that yougot to visit with lots of your friends, woo hoo

Good comment too re: balancing out what is in Ecclesiates and the rest of Scripture.

What car?

A2 said...

That is a great comment - to often we focus on just one part of the scripture and forget to take it as a whole.

Did you have a rough day today??? Eyeore looks so sad!

Anonymous said...

so when did "blog" get replaced by eyore?????