Friday 22 June 2007

Friday's Freak-out

Well I had thought I had seen it all last month after talking about things that people buy for their pets. Well life just got a little stupider in this world we live in. What could be worse than your dog wearing "Indian feathers" or a Top hat for your cat. How about a rest home? That's right a ridiculous rest home for the pet as they grow too old for you to care at home. You can pay some 450.00 British pounds a month or the equivalent of $955.00 CDN to have your dog in this place. Included in this is that the old dogs will be accompanied for part of their day by a group of puppies. The younger dogs will serve to cheer up and stimulate the veterans and could even, serve to remind dogs that have grown senile and forgetful of how to behave properly. I can't believe this. How stupid are people. Never mind. Wait there is more ... when a dog is deemed by the vets to be at death’s door, it will be moved to a special suite large enough for its owner to stay with it during the final hours. A canine chapel of rest is conveniently situated behind the main building. It gets worse as you read on in the article..., "F (that's not my abbreviated F) by Design, a grooming parlour in Naka Meguro, Tokyo, offers dog haircuts that include a massage as standard. Clay packs, “minus ion” steam baths and Chinese herb hot tubs are offered as optional extras Wake up people. What is next? Oh I know, and you are probably wishing you had thought of it first. Driving lessons for dogs. No really. It comes with a feed bag just under his chin, a wireless headset for him to answer calls from his freaking puppies waiting to be picked up and one more thing that they cannot live without, a fire hydrant right where the stick shift would be so he does not have to make numerous stops. It is a pet, not a human being, and there is a distinction. Unless you believe that your pet is going to heaven...but only if he has said the ....OK never mind. Before you start thinking I am an animal hater, I am not. I just get pissed off when people put the worth of animals above humans. In the end it is still just an animal . Animals are here for a purpose, some are yummy, others are pets, some would say both.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais

Melissa Denise said...

Mike, don't you wish you new what this other blogger said? I am now curious! Anyway, I will never love Lexis enough to put her in a home like that. I mean, I REALLY love my dog, almost too much, but I am aware that there will come a day when I have to put her down because she is too old. I do let her sleep with us and I do snuggle her every minute I can get. I have never bought her clothes, I don't think a choco lab would look cute in clothes. I do buy her treats and treasures and speak to her like she is a child but deep down I understand she is a dog. But some people just love their dogs too much. Maybe I am one of them.... hmmm....

Mike said...

Hey Mel. I know how much you love your dog. I don't have a problem with that at all. I think when your baby (Michael right?) is born you will love him/her so much more than your pet. I clicked on the spanish highlights comment and it looks like some kind of advertising for something they are selling. Did not look like clothes for animals though ;)