Tuesday 26 June 2007

Tuesday's Trap

Regrets! Had any? I've had a few? (Hmmm just started remembering the words to Elvis' My Way. Sorry digressing again). How do you deal with them? I have tried to shove them way at the back of my head, but when it gets full they start coming to the front and I start thinking about them again. Some of them just eat away at me until I am able to stuff them further back. It is amazing how the mind can do stuff like that. Like when someone we know, who dies, how quickly we go from an emotional wreck to a point where we go on like nothing happened. Then is starts all over again. You reminisce about that person, and start thinking about all the things you maybe did or said or maybe didn't do or didn't say and regrets start mounting. I realize there is nothing I can do at this point, I can't change history but I can change the present and the future (at least as far as not having as many regrets), by doing and saying the things I should. I came upon this website Good old google. It talks about overcoming serious regrets. Hmmmm just remembering what I said last Thursday in my post about reading other stuff other than the Bible ;) Guess what....there is truth outside the Bible :):):)
As for regrets at this time, yeah, I have shoved them to the back to be dealt with at another time. I'll get to them....tomorrow ;)

No comments: