Friday 8 June 2007

Friday's foresight

Yesterday we were talking about the tongue, and when it is okay to tell someone something about somebody else, for their protection. In the next few verses in James after the taming of the tongue it talks about wisdom and understanding and that the "...wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure, then peace loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy, and good fruit, impartial and sincere." Then it concluses that "peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness." Thank God for grace, because after looking at the list, I stopped after pure. I think that even in the wisdom that God has given us, we will know in our spirit when what we are saying is for someones elses protection or merely gossip.

6 comments:

A2 said...

Thanks for the reminder yesterday and today - I did much better yesterday!!

Mike said...

That is good to hear, sometimes I need to practice what I preach :)

Su-Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Su-Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike said...

I love the way you just tease us with that tiny tidbit of information and never expand...car accident???

Grrrrrrrrrrr

A2 said...

She saw a car accident from her apartment. No one hurt, just a vehichle travelling too fast.

Oh Yeah, I keep meaning to ask about that finger and that ear! Are you all better yet?