Friday 29 June 2007

Friday's Forum

Sliver, toothpick, splinter, 2 X 4. At one time or another I have had any one of these in my eye/s. Boot, shoe and foot I have often tasted as well, at those times when I wish I could take back what I said, but once it crosses the lips the damage has been done. You feel like crawling into the tiny mice hole, but even he won't let you in. We need to be very careful what we say, and choose our words carefully. At times (most) I can be very pot stirrish and easily move to cutting. For the most part I stay off the cutting edge, but once in awhile I cross the line, and realize even as I am speaking that I went to far. James talks about that (come to think of it I blogged on this very topic a few weeks ago....guess I am always in need of reminders). Better to keep my mouth shut and thought a fool then to open my mouth and remove all doubt. As for the splinter and 2 x 4, I am still working on getting that 4 x8 down to a 2 x 4 then down to the more manageable splinter and then a speck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

more truth to ponder...
Matthew 12:36 (King James Version)
36But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.