Tuesday 19 June 2007

Tuesday's Try

Yesterday I talked a bit about challenges and goals in life and how I need to be challenged by others as well as myself. I know if I needed to lose weight, I could do it no problem, but I need a reason to do that. If I needed to eat healthier I could do that as long as it did not include the ingesting of veggies, that is just wrong. Ain't gonna happen ;) However, if I was told by a doctor that if I continued eating the way I am I would be dead in ten years, I think I might change my eating habits. There is a goal and challenge before me - eat healthier - live longer. There has to be a goal at the end of the challenge, I mean why do it otherwise? Work is a challenge some days, but the goal is the pay cheque. Eating healthier is an extreme challenge to me, but the goal is living longer (maybe - ahh the skeptic in me). I am currently working on a list of "resolutions" of challenges/goals for myself that will involve physical and spiritual aspects. I find if I don't set a goal before me, it won't happen. I need the "pot of gold' at the end of the rainbow. I need to be able to say "I did it", and then open the prize. There is a great deal of satisfaction in accomplishing what I set out to do. Now, having said all that, when it comes to completing spiritual goals, I know it is not necessarily something I did, but I still had to make that commitment to do what God asks of me and that is much harder (to me) than doing something for myself that in the end don't mean a thing. To me, the spiritual challenges and goals...the end result is heaven, if there were no heaven or something to strive for, I would not see the purpose of doing anything remotely spiritual if I knew the end result were just rotting in the ground. I mean, why would I? Right? But I do believe there is a heaven, and that Christ died and rose so that someday I will be there with Him. For me to get there requires me to believe in Him ... it also involves a commitment to Him, to doing what He asks, not the "easy believe ism" (I said the prayer so I am there) that some people think will get them to heaven.

2 comments:

A2 said...

Well it's been a heavy few days I see and my mind is just not in the processing all the blogs since I've been gone - maybe tomorrow. But I am back. A2

Mike said...

Welcome back Manda. Hope you all had a great time and great weather.

Y'all were missed.