Wednesday 4 July 2007

Wednesday's Winging-it

Probably the one thing, hmm maybe the only thing I find with any importance these days is relationships I have. Relationships with God, family, friends and even acquaintances. Funny how sometimes when a relationship can sour, how your whole outlook on life can change, and quickly at that. Obviously the closer the relationship the more your outlook on things can change. It seems it does not take much at times for a friendship to go awry, a little argument, a little unforgiveness or sometimes it is just plain old distance that keeps a relationship from how it used to be. Sometimes you just drift apart, things change,I guess. How we handle these situations can either drag us down or force ourselves to pick ourselves up, dust off and move on. Sometimes it is not that easy. Almost like a death, there is a mourning process you go through, until you adjust to it finally saying *&^% it or realizing it did bring some joy and help to my life (when I needed it) so I need to be thankful for that. I have dealt with it both ways....not saying one way is right or wrong, it just really depends on what happened to make the relationship sour. Was it my fault, their fault, ......at that point does it really matter whose fault it was? At least we know that with God when there is a screw up it was me....every time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hear you mike. it is always a sad thing to accept when someone you embrace as a friend feels differently. i have learned though that God is faithful and He provides joy and friendship in the most unexpected places...replacing what was lost. don't mean to sound trite, this just has been my experience.i hope it will be yours as well.
deb

Mike said...

I am sure it will be mine. I believe God puts people in our path for a reason. Does not mean we will be friends with all of them, but I think in some way, what they say or do can impact us in some way. i guess having said that it can affect us in a bad way too.