Monday 16 July 2007

Monday's Mishap

Back to the topic of regrets. I keep bringing this up obviously because I have not dealt with those regrets of mine, at least the ones that keep coming back up, like sour milk...you know the feeling I mean??? Some regrets are so small I am able to (at least for now) brush them off. Those bigger ones keep coming up faster than the gophers at the church and are the harder ones to suppress. Almost to the point where I can't keep up...thank goodness for my music that I keep playing all day long...it helps at times to push that sour milk back down before I begin throwing up. As you know, it has to come out sometime ... somehow. I have not quite dealt with them yet...hypothetical situations do not do the trick for me...I can not ask myself after doing something...what if, or what would or might be... There are some things I can do with those regrets where the people who I did or said something to are still alive (I can make a list like Earl onthe TV show), of course most of my regrets are with people who are no longer here. DAMN. If you are reading this, don't get to the point where I am now...if you need to tell someone you are sorry for something you did or said then DO IT. If you need to tell them how much you love them knowing you will regret not telling them when they are gone...DO IT. You will just have to take my word for it now. You know that feeling you get in your gut when you see the police lights flashing in the rear view mirror??? Well I get those on a daily basis. Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda don't cut it now, and sure the heck won't cut it later when something happens that you might regret for the rest of your life.

3 comments:

A2 said...

i'm sure we all have regrets and i believe that they can be good teaching experiences, if we let them.

A2 said...

oops i meant learning experiences.

Mike said...

Yes we can learn from them, I agree, but I still need to let go of the ones I have. Maybe once I do, they will be very good learning experiences.