Saturday 7 July 2007

Saturday's Sweltering


Hot weather is awesome, especially when you have an air conditioner. Yesterday's weather made me think of how I perceived hell as a kid. Hot and no escaping it (we did not have air conditioning in our house growing up). Do I think that now hell is this extremely hot place where people are sent. Hmmm Hmmmm, nope.(maybe I am wrong here, but that's okay, it won't be the first time...come to think of it ...it won't be the last time either). I think that is more a metaphor of what it is like. We will thirst for water which is Christ, but there will be none to be found. No second chance after this life is all over. So how come, I am still not going out there and telling people about Christ (so many family members on both sides that are going to hell, and friends too)? Had this discussion not too long ago....if we, who know Christ, are not telling people about Him, are we in a sense sending them there. I know it is their choice, but if we don't tell them, they don't really have a choice. Do they????

3 comments:

A2 said...

just remember - we also tell people about Christ by our actions - they often speak louder than words.

don't get too hot today.

Anonymous said...

Well, I've finally come back to the land of the living (again) and decided to see what's on Mike's Mind. I was thinking the same thing as you, Amanda.

I don't necessarily 'witness' at work, but everything I do and everything I say is being very closely watched by my co-workers. Sometimes I blow it (and that's ok, because it shows why I too need Christ's forgiveness), but sometimes they do see that I respond differently. And it gets them asking questions. As much as I miss my friends and work at LHAC, I know God brought me to my work to be His salt & light and to bring my co-workers to Christ. (One down, only 2 more to go) :)

Mike said...

Yeah I know that actions are very important also in showing God's love to everyone. Thanks for your words or wisdom all. I am glad that God brought you to where you are (at work) winnie, because you may be the only witness these people get.