Thursday 5 July 2007

Thursday's Turn

When we were kids we used to dream about what we would be when we grew up, football player, actor, doctor, lawyer etc. Now that we are no longer kids we still sometimes think about what we want to do when we grow up or maybe at this point (over 40) what do we want to do or where do we want to work, where maybe we won't be as miserable. I have those days myself. More so lately (the last couple of weeks) than in the last 6 months. I am referring to job here, not to spiritual life. A couple of months ago I was wavering on whether to move back to Winnipeg (leaving friends here and starting all over at a new job when I have become, hmmmm, comfortable where I am). I have wavered back to the other side to ..."I am ready to leave." Really does make a difference on the mood a person is in when they make a decision. Don't get me wrong. I am thankful to be working where I am and with the people that are there. I think maybe it is just time for a change. Is God telling me this??? I can't say that for sure, but I am open to what he wants of me. I think I need to know that it is God telling me that it is time to move on and not a mood I am in or the sore back telling me it is time.

No comments: