Thursday 12 July 2007

Thursday's Tick

More and more lately I have felt like such a hypocrite in my faith. I say I believe in God, but my actions do not back that up. I think anyone can put up a good front, and people will believe that they are a follower of Christ, I know this, because I live this. I can do and say all the right things in front of others, but to God it don't mean $%#&. He knows every detail about us, and every thought we have. It comes back to the mask. It covers not just the face. When a hockey goalie puts on a mask he wears it so he won't get hurt by a puck shot to the head. In the same way, my mask protects me from a lot of hurt that would come from others if they knew what was behind the mask. I guess we all have something similar to Paul's thorn in the flesh. The difference between the goaltenders mask and mine, is that he can take his off after the game is over. Mine will stay on forever...or until God removes it.

No comments: