Wednesday 25 April 2007

Wednesday's wondering

Hmmmmm, lately while I have been out either driving to work or just going for a walk this thought hits me. I feel like we are all a herd of cattle...going to work in our cars, or walking to the store or going out for coffee etc. All the signs, and lines on the road are there to keep us going in an orderly fashion. I almost have the feeling we are wandering aimlessly and without purpose. We need something to do in order to keep us busy or to keep our minds from thinking (I am great for that with my headsets on at work or radio going in the car). We have TV, and Internet, sports and other interests and hobbies, etc. We keep our kids so busy in activities that they don't have time to think (or get involved in the wrong crowd which is usually our thinking), then we are so exasperated because when our kids are busy that means we are busy driving them around. Makes for a great book title, "Get outta my way...I am in a hurry to get nowhere" Okay enough of that story, obviously still wrestling with purpose!! Although, when I think of purpose as it relates to work, for the most part, no one really gives a rip or let me put it this way...when you die, wouldn't it be better for people to remember you for your relationship and friendship with them than the work you did. After all work is a freaking curse. Oops that could be construed as a complaint. Whew, Tuesday is over :):) When you think of it what really matters (it is not the end all be all), is love and respect of others. Hmmm "Love God and Love your neighbour" I know I have heard those words before...simply put that is all that matters!!!
Okay I am in a hurry so get out of my way...I need to go to join the herd and make my way aimlessly to work....

No comments: