Monday 16 April 2007

Tuesday's Traffic

How nice it is driving to work at 5:00 in the morning with not too many cars on the ring road. Sure makes for a nice, but boring 15 minute ride. I am thankful though because it is spring...give me a pothole over a snowdrift any day. Was thinking as I was driving (wow that's a first) maybe these blogs are a little too negative and maybe a little heavy but at the same time it is stuff I am thinking about in my head. Maybe that's why at work I like to keep things light. My wife knows how negative I can be...especially after watching the news with my "realistic view point" (others say pessimistic). With so much negative news on I am almost at the point where I don't want to know what is going on in the city, Country or world, because when you get those stories like the shooting yesterday in Virginia usually my first thought was I hope they shot the SOB. I know this is not the kind of thinking a "christian" should have, but I have it every time some story of injustice comes on the news. So I am trying to in some way have God work on me in this area. I am a work in progress and one saying about progress is "Progress always involves risk; you can't steal second base and keep your foot on first base." So if I am trying to progress and steal second, I better hope that God is at the plate to bring me home.

1 comment:

Melissa Denise said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!! Mike, your way with words are amazing. You are a very gifted writer, keep going :) Insight into your life is awesome, the thoughts you think have often crossed my mind too. You thanked me for being an inspiration to you, and I thank you in return. Love ya!