Friday 20 April 2007

Friday's "Feelings"

Let's talk about the three letter word that Christian's don't want to talk about, or for the most part no one else either. When is the last time you talked about this with someone you know, or for that matter, don't know. I mean it's there all the time, on the TV on the Internet, everywhere you look you can find it. I will start again :)
Just kidding. I remember taking a course called creative bible teaching and the hook (get people interested) was the first of four parts. Did it work :)~ I think it would be a fascinating blog though. ;) Actually today's topic is...can we lose our salvation. I know when I was first in Bible school I would have answer NO. Today I would probably either answer yes or did they really have it in the first place. The reason I am bringing this up is I am struggling with my own. If I said I were actually following God, having accepted Christ, why would my life not show that. Why would I do the things I do, or think the things I think or say the things I say. I won't go into detail at this time, probably because it would not really be beneficial for anyone reading this. I guess we all have our "thorn in the flesh", I just happen to have a whole branch. Having said that (losing salvation) I guess it can still be gotten back...but the one thing we don't have on our side is time...think about this...we live a life of hopefully 75 (healthy) years, in what we may or may not think of as a wonderful life (full of ups and downs and just plain in betweens). But eternity is forever and ever and another forever after that. I find the older I get the more I think about death...how often you ask (I heard you ask Mel), several times a day...so it makes me think I really need to get my life in order, as only God can do...but I keep putting it off. Feel free to keep me accountable...

No comments: