Friday 27 April 2007

Friday's Fragments

I was doing some reading online this morning and aside from the celebrity stories that pop up after I close my email, stories like "Jennifer Aniston's designer water, and Sheryl Crow the toilet paper Nazi", I eventually came upon an interesting story which I had heard about before where evangelist Tony Campolo swears to get his point across. In the article it quoted Campolo as saying, ...." I have three things I'd like to say today. First, while you were sleeping last night, 30,000 kids died of starvation or diseases related to malnutrition. Second, most of you don't give a sh*t. What's worse is that you're more upset with the fact that I said sh*t than the fact that 30,000 kids died last night." I thought here is what Jesus was referring to when he was talking about the poor. It is not the only people he was talking about, as there are millions of people who would fall into "poor" category. We all know someone or we know someone who knows someone who is struggling, and that we would consider poor. Do we not care enough to give a sh*t to help them? Just a challenge to myself and to you to maybe give a you know what. To those who are already doing their part...God's blessing on you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you read my mind this morning Mike. Perhaps Tony is not always eloquent but he is honest and profound.
Deb

Anonymous said...

You know Deb I am sure you would be a great blogger. All those great pre-school stories you must have. What shall we talk about next...how about politics ;)

Mike