Tuesday 20 November 2007

Tuesday's Treatment


Ever think much about aging, getting old, dying. As I watch TV or read the paper lately I am usually fascinated on stories with medical edge technology. Some of the things that they (science/doctors) are coming up with to make us healthier or to help us live longer by creating some drug or machine that will cure cancer or diabetes. Don't get me wrong here, I think it would be great to have a cure for every disease, but let's be honest, they will not find a cure for death. We all will die (maybe some will be raptured). Is it more out of fear that we create these drugs and machines to help us live longer. I mean... I know my choice would be to not have to die until I am 100, as long as I am somewhat healthy. It makes me think a little of the miracles in the bible when Jesus brought back people to life. Yes they were really amazing, but I don't think Jesus did them for that one sole purpose. We certainly need to see something beyond the fact that they were given new life, after all they died of something else eventually. All miracles that Jesus performed, with the exception of the resurrection ...were only temporary "solutions" for what people thought they needed. In reality, to me, only the resurrection has permanence.

No comments: