Thursday 18 October 2007

Thursday's Thorn

Having to pretend that I have it all together when really at times I feel like I'm falling apart.

Yesterday I mentioned this as one of the things that tick me off. I often wonder why we can't talk to people about those things that make us fall apart. Let's be honest, everyone is there when things are going great, they are even there when things seem to be at their worst...so why is it you can't tell anyone about the things inside you that are the cause for your falling apart. Yet, if I were to have an anonymous blog (not saying I do or don't - if I did it would not be anonymous - so don't ask, I'll just lie), where no one knew it was me journaling I would have no problem spilling my guts. For instance, if I were a secret alcoholic or drug user, I would never tell anyone for fear of what may happen afterwards. I am not saying this so that the spotlight is on me (after all I prefer behind the scenes) but I believe most have "thorn in the flesh" issues where they feel there is no help. God's grace is sufficient. Right? I don't plan on bringing a whole lot of God talk into my blog because that is not where I am. I suppose one of those "hidden issues within" is my relationship with God. If i am not living for God i cannot call myself a Christian...not something I really want to discuss with a whole lot of Christians at work. I would rather people know where I stand and have them make a decision based on that than for them to believe I have things together when they are falling apart. I sure as hell will not walk on eggshells just so as to not disturb someone elses pretentiousness either. My choice.

No comments: