Friday 1 January 2016

Quantum Leap

I often wonder about the different ways God has worked in my life. I feel at times like the TV show Quantum Leap, where after I have been somewhere for so long and accomplished what God brought me there for, God moves me to another place. He does that (I think) by giving me a new desire to be somewhere else and at times in a place where I know that several years ago I would have NEVER had a desire to move to. God changes my mind or renews it. He changes my thinking, that what I used to think was foolish or selfish and shows me a much better plan. He also does it by taking away the desire I had when I first came to the place I am now at. There are many reasons I guess..... Circumstances change, people change, you don't enjoy what you are doing anymore at the place you are at, you get into a rut (I think every new place I have been too, this is always the case after a short while). I also believe God is in charge...ALWAYS...and I believe that is how he speaks to me at times. I believe that God gives us the desires of our heart (and I am speaking about those things that are in line with His will). A sermon I heard last summer talked about hearing God's will and to make it short and sweet the 3 point sermon was Desire, Opportunity and Balaams donkey. God will give me/us such a great desire for His will that we can't miss it. "God will not let you miss His will without knowing it. Secondly,  He will also give opportunity for that to happen. Balaams donkey is that final key to make sure that we are listening to and obeying God's will. In other words He has given us the desire, then the opportunity, and then to be on the lookout for Balaams donkey. Sometimes we try and "force" God's will, saying to ourselves we have the desire and the opportunity but God sends Balaams donkey to let us know that what we are doing is not His will but our own. I believe that God has given me a new desire at this time, but rather than jump at it like I would have 5 years ago, I will wait for opportunity, and be on the lookout for Balaams donkey. As I think about all that would need to take placefor it to happen
, if it does, I know God will have called me/us to that desire He had planted in my heart.

No comments: