Wednesday 1 October 2008

Remembering


Was good to remember the memories of John today, and this song brought back a lot of those memories. Wondering where John is right now and thinking of how much pain he was going through for his last few months of his life, especially at the end of it. No easy way to say that suffering is such a horrible thing to watch,I can't imagine the pain he went through. Knowing that he is not suffering does bring comfort, but knowing he is no longer here still brings sadness. Life does go on, and while you don't get "over it", you do adjust. I think all of this reminiscing brings the healing I need to adjust.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The way I heard grieving someone close is that the pain always is there, we just get used to having it with us.

Mike said...

Thanks...Yep, the pain is always there, sometimes just a little more obvious than others. It is a part of the loss "concept". Sometimes change/loss can be painful, other times quite the opposite. I have come to realize (much moreso lately) that with loss (especially death) I have felt the need to find purpose. Things that matter. Seeing how too often in the past I have focused on "stuff" that has no eternal significance whatsoever. Hey it only took 50 years to get to this point, hopefully the next 20-25 years are the fruitful and meaningful ones.